L.E.S.A.R Procedures (UPDATED 2016)
Three Weeks Notice on every race, even if you are still working with BLM. It allows us to notify our personnel.
1. Ask us to attend your race.
2. You must attach a map and race flyer at least two weeks before the race (D38LESAR@gmail.com). A GPS file is also appreciated.
3. Donations made per rider, per event, unless other prior arrangements have been made.
Camp Site for Trailer:
Please provide a reserved camp site area big enough for the command post/medical trailer and Life Flight Zone.
1. If other persons are to park in LESAR AREA that are non-members, it is the hosting club’s duty to ask them to park elsewhere.
2. Camp Site should be close to road access at all times for Emergency Vehicles.
3. On adjacent non race days , you may see the LESAR medical trailer on site, in the pit area as one of our deployment days. If you see the white “FIRST AID” swooper flag is up, we are there to assist any D38 racers and OHV park visitors.
Life Flight / Air Ambulance:
1. Life Flight landing zone is to be a reserved area as clear and flat as possible with no bushes, power lines, campsites, and vehicles.
2. Life Flight perimeter is to be a 150x150 ft.
3. A cone device shall be used to mark landing zone area. Please no caution tape or light weight cones.
4. Air Ambulance will NOT land if a drone is in the air.
LESAR will Provide Flagging and will Construct:
The trailer will have cones put around with tape or flags; this is to represent a barrier around the trailer for our patient’s privacy inside the trailer. The barrier is to protect us as medical volunteers and our patients by the HIPPA law. NO pictures or videotaping PLEASE.
1. Any non-family members or spectators must stand behind the taping/cones when we have patients present.
2. Any persons not wishing to comply with these stipulations, may be asked to leave per BLM, Sheriff, or LESAR personnel.
All Racers under the age of 18 is under the responsibility and liability of LESAR once treatment is started. We will do everything we can to notify their Legal Guardian.
1. An underage racer can only be released to a parent or Legal Guardian, if no Legal Guardian can be found, LESAR must notify officials (BLM, Ranger, Paramedic, Fire Dept., Etc) and minor will be held until Guardian comes forth, otherwise will remain in the custody of LESAR.
2. If a minor is with a parent who is racing and racer does not stop or cannot be reached in a timely manner, LESAR will determine what treatment and/or transportation is necessary.
**If asked for- Legal Guardian must have proof of guardianship. Friend or Family Member must have notarized statement of fact. **